Django Unchained

Film talk.

Moderators: Dex, smash

gulliver

Django Unchained

Post by gulliver » 08 Feb 2013 08:50

First hour was great.

That fucking music in nearly every scene drove me insane.

The ending sucked.

Quentin Tarantino is a mutant.

Discuss.

filthyfish

Re: Django Unchained

Post by filthyfish » 10 Feb 2013 01:37

Nigga plz

I thought it was Tarantino Perfect. That said I went into it expecting his "over the top" and exaggerated style.

I really enjoyed Jamie Fox and DiCaprio's performances, their characters were fun and well played.

I can understand your viewpoint, however I was glued start to finish just waiting to hear Sam Jackson say "motha fucker".
Its ok to drink a beer while simultaneously pissing in the shower.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 10 Feb 2013 08:18

Yeah there were some great performances, I did enjoy the film. The dancing horse at the end though? Shit.

I think I'd hyped myself up too much for it. I'd read people were creaming themselves over this since last year cuz they had read the leaked script on the internetz. I'm probably being overly harsh.

Wouldn't watch it again though.

filthyfish

Post by filthyfish » 10 Feb 2013 10:58

I dont have any type of broadcast TV so I heard of Django from the radio. I first heard of the movie when several news stories ran about the excessive use of the word "nigger" throughout. There seemed to be some serious outrage over the entire thing as if Tarantino had just beaten the word to death gratuitously. So there I am sitting in the theatre waiting and waiting for what I heard described as an unnecessary onslaught of the N-Bomb.

In the end, I didnt get what all the fuss was about, the language seemed appropriate for the time period considering the guy writing it.
Its ok to drink a beer while simultaneously pissing in the shower.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 12 Feb 2013 08:49

Tarentino has been chastised in the media before for his use of the word in his films. Most notably by Spike Lee. Ironically he didn't use it in any of his lines in the film, choosing to use "blackie" instead.

Or maybe he wasn't being ironic.

*shrugs*