little. yellow. feisty.

Terminator Salvation

Post by AngelBaby » 12 Dec 2008 06:29

:dance:

Steampunk

Re: Terminator Salvation trailer

Post by Steampunk » 12 Dec 2008 14:05

Wikipedia says it's set in 2018.

Hmmm.... the link I gave from that latest "missile defense" test is in late 2008. So, in ten more years, is it possible?

:ph34r:

Yeah, we're fucked.

LAlife2009

Post by LAlife2009 » 18 May 2009 15:52

This movie's gonna be the SHIT!!!

Cant wait!

^_^

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 31 May 2009 07:18

Has no one seen this? Or just don't care enough to reply? SPOILER ALERT

I saw it on Thursday, and it rocked my socks off. It's no T2, but on the other hand, it's a hundred times better than T3.
It follows the same story/ideas from T3 - John and Claire Danes were locked in that military bunker when the bombs went off, and now John is Bruce Wayne, and Claire Danes has become Ron Howards daughter.

There were tons of cool homages to the other Terminator movies, like the T-800 model at the end (which was amazing CG) that looked EXACTLY like body-builder 1980s version of Arnold. I mean... it was creepy, everything was perfect, right down to the bowl-cut hair.
Another scene that made me squee was when Batm- I mean, when John put a big old school boom box in the middle of the road to catch a mototerminator (attract it with sound), and the boom box was playing GNR's You Could Be Mine, which is what dorky pre-teen John would listen to while cruzing around on his bike in T2.

Anyways, it was a perfect summer movie. Lots of great visuals, and some pretty good acting. I don't have any desire to see it again right away (ie Star Trek), but I will buy it on Blu-ray when it comes out. 8/10
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 31 May 2009 15:06

I saw it and also liked it. The homages to movies from the rest of the series were coo, but I have to admit I was holding out hope for a Cameron cameo in there at the end. I know, wishful thinking...but I miss the cutest Terminator to ever roll off a Skynet assembly line.

Verdict: B+

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 31 May 2009 18:19

Dex wrote:8/10
AngelBaby wrote:Verdict: B+
Gore ain't got shit on me.

efilflah

Re: Terminator Salvation

Post by efilflah » 14 Jun 2009 19:26

Surprise surprise I was disappointed yet again. :(

One of the main things that bothered me is that I didn't really feel like they were fighting for their lives in this film. Everything seemed too organised, and when I think back to Cameron's depiction of the future, in particular the underground living style, it didn't even seem like it was the same universe.

I guess you could argue that it was earlier in the timeline, or that events in T3 slightly changed the future, but I was looking forward to seeing that world recreated with a focus on how John Connor rallied the troops to fight back against skynet.

Also, what was with making Marcus Wright the main character of this film? John Connor felt like an afterthought, he was already established as some kind of leader, and yeah with the destruction of their HQ, he will probably take over now, but he didn't really have much to do in this except at the end. (which I agree with Dex, was a nice homage to the original)

Overall, I shouldn't have expected anything different with McG at the helm.

TV Show > Movie.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 15 Jun 2009 03:25

efilflah wrote:Also, what was with making Marcus Wright the main character of this film? John Connor felt like an afterthought...
Get ready to shit bricks.

Based on what I've read, when this project started, Marcus had an even LARGER role, and Connor was barely in the movie. In fact, when the producers approached Christian Bale with their interest in casting him for the film, it was to play this part. Bale wasn't interested, but apparently after reading the script, told them that if they could expand the John Connor role (that is, make him the lead character) he would do the picture. The rest, as they say, is history.

McG also cut out a Moon Bloodgood topless scene. Boo.
:(

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 15 Jun 2009 18:23

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
AngelBaby wrote:McG also cut out a Moon Bloodgood topless scene. Boo. :(
Further proof that McG should not be directing movies.

smash

Post by smash » 15 Jun 2009 20:43

AngelBaby wrote:
efilflah wrote:Also, what was with making Marcus Wright the main character of this film? John Connor felt like an afterthought...
Get ready to shit bricks.

Based on what I've read, when this project started, Marcus had an even LARGER role, and Connor was barely in the movie. In fact, when the producers approached Christian Bale with their interest in casting him for the film, it was to play this part. Bale wasn't interested, but apparently after reading the script, told them that if they could expand the John Connor role (that is, make him the lead character) he would do the picture. The rest, as they say, is history.

McG also cut out a Moon Bloodgood topless scene. Boo.
:(

"Good for yoooooou!"

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 16 Jun 2009 20:33

I think I'll rent this on Blue Ray when it comes out. Yes, that's what i'll do. I'll order pizza and drink beer and halfway through the film my mind will wander towards sex and videogames.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 17 Jun 2009 05:50

What. The hell. Is this?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446633/

:eek:

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 17 Jun 2009 06:33

^^^
Under "Fun Stuff" it says: "This web series is a prequel to the movie."

psyper

Post by psyper » 18 Jun 2009 14:09

Google is your friend...
scifiwire.com wrote:Produced in association with McG and Machinima Inc., the series uses real-time computer animation generated from the Terminator Salvation video game and is set against an original story written by Andy Shapiro and directed by Tor Helmstein. Fans follow Blair Williams (voiced by Moon Bloodgood, who reprises her character from the upcoming movie) on a journey that reveals the genesis of her involvement with John Connor's resistance unit two and a half years before the events in the movie.
The cost per episode is $2.99 for HD and $1.99 for SD (where available). Fans can also sign up for a season pass and automatically receive future episodes every week for $14.99 in HD or $9.99 in SD (where available).[/quote]

http://www.machinima.com/series/view&id=214 <- official website. Havent checked yet but I'm pretty sure there will be bootleg copies of this somewhere on the interwebs
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 06 Aug 2009 15:58

Still upset about the missing Moon Bloodgood nudity in Terminator Salvation?

http://www.celebritymoviearchive.com/to ... .php/25622