Seriously starts a thread!

no description could cover what is likely to happen in here...

Moderator: Seriously

Seriously

Seriously starts a thread!

Post by Seriously » 16 Aug 2006 02:06

Obviously me starting threads isn't the point of this forum, the threads I make never last very long.

It would be a waste of Justin's precious megahertz.

I don't help pay for Justin's megahertz. It would be rude of me to waste it like that.

This sub-forum then, is some sort of off-topic chat thingey, I don't know, I'm not sure.

So start threads, start stupid threads, but don't start Fight Club threads, because I am sure that this isn't the Fight Club forum. I know this because I totally said so.

Provoking people is fun, but mean-spiritedness and all out arguments about disliking people is silly, what are you going to do?

Convince them?

Convince someone else?

Convince yourself?

You have to convince yourself?

You mean you're not sure?!

If you're not sure then you shouldn't be making threads about it, QED.

Just think of me as the logic police.

But please don't make me spend a whole lot of time locking threads and editing posts and being all authoritative, and please don't make me come up with rules that you have to read before you post and stuff.

Play nice, children.

Gosh.

thefelinepunk

Post by thefelinepunk » 16 Aug 2006 02:20

This should be stickied, if that's possible.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 16 Aug 2006 02:23

Seriously is the mod in this section...he can do anything. :eek:

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 16 Aug 2006 02:23

I just figured out how to do that just...now.

And the crowd goes wild!

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 16 Aug 2006 02:26

This forum section is incredible. Already it has accounted for two dlt.net firsts:

First locked thread
First stickied thread

I knew there was a good reason for putting this here!

Keep up the pioneering work. ;)

thefelinepunk

Post by thefelinepunk » 16 Aug 2006 02:27

Seriously has always been a trailblazer.

(I take partial credit for the sticky.)

MSD

Post by MSD » 16 Aug 2006 02:27

Nicely pointed that out...
anyways...isn't it time for some general rules? am sure that it will make the life of the Mods lot easier.

keep it up...

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 16 Aug 2006 02:30

He's right. Provoking people is fun.

I like things that are creative, funny, and enjoyable for everyone. It kind of reminds me of a poem by my favorite poet, Phife.

j/k

he's no ones favorite poet
DLT Prom Queen 4 years running.

thefelinepunk

Post by thefelinepunk » 16 Aug 2006 02:32

God damn if I were a mod I would smite you myself.

And for the love of fucking god it's VANILLA. FIX IT.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 16 Aug 2006 02:46

Mr. Angelface is like a cute little hatey fairy flitting along and casting meanieness left and right as he plays with his troll wand.

Occasionally he hits something, and when he does he claps his little hands and does little cartwheels in the air and says something about black people.

Like a two year old experimenting with bad words!

He's adorable!

smash

Post by smash » 16 Aug 2006 02:55

MSD wrote:Nicely pointed that out...
anyways...isn't it time for some general rules? am sure that it will make the life of the Mods lot easier.

keep it up...
Seriously, no it is not time for rules.

The rule is...don't piss us off.

Angel, Dex, and myself will manage to keep each other in check, there is not a worry of us going crazy with mod abuse. Who watches the watchmen? Answer: Justin.

Seriously is a god unto himself in his own little fiefdom. Pray for your insignificant souls when venturing here.

As a general guide for 'don't piss us off' tread carefully. If you are going to piss Dex or I off you better be in tight with Angelbaby since she ranks above us. If you piss Angelbaby off...

...I'm not going to finish that thought. It's more ominous that way.

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 16 Aug 2006 03:11

smashed?

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 16 Aug 2006 03:21

Well, I wasn't gonna chime in on this, but since Smash mentioned my name, I figure I'll throw $.02 worth in...

As far as I'm concerned there are no 'rules' as such here. Didn't have 'em at dlt.com, not gonna have 'em in here. But don't let that fool you into thinking you can act like a total fucktard and get away with it. Justin and I (and prolly many others) don't want to ghey up these forums the way some others have been with a whole bunch of rules, a laundry list of mods, ubermods, and admins who get off on banning and what not. That's not what this place is gonna be about. Notice there is no introduction thread? Why not? Cause that is dumb. People will get to know you based on the quality (or lack of) in your posts. Just come on in and join the party, but don't shit on the coffee table or your ass is getting shown to the door.

I realize that's all pretty nebulous. How will you know if you are close to crossing the line? Well, the first sign that you've pushed the envelope maybe a bit too far is if you notice that your posts are mysteriously disappearing. That should serve as a hint...and a warning. There will be no PM letting you know why this happened, you're a grown-up, you should be able to figure out what you've done wrong, and chances are good you knew it when you hit the 'Submit' button. If your behavior continues along similar lines, your next warning will be a ban, and this will be an action of last resort, used only in EXTREME circumstances, and not something that's going to be used lightly. Unlike some other forums, you won't be notified who banned you (its not an egotrip for us), for what reason (see above), or for how long (basically until we've decided you can be allowed a second chance)...you'll just try to enter the forum one sunny day, and find that you're not welcome anymore. So please...don't be a douche. There's enough strife in the world today that we really don't need any in a place that's basically an escape from all that.

thx!

MSD

Post by MSD » 16 Aug 2006 06:53

@ smash...I wonder how and why i'd offend you or any other dlt user/member in the first place...
I don't busy myself with meaningless flame and abusing or teasing users...except teasing girls...lol but yeh, you guys are senior users here...you won't hear any badmouthing from this side.
Expecting the same from the opposite side as well ofcz lol...ach this is getting too much tensed (specially now that i'm not using the smilies so that zorak can't eat lol).
AngelBaby wrote:Well, I wasn't gonna chime in on this, but since Smash mentioned my name, I figure I'll throw $.02 worth in...

As far as I'm concerned there are no 'rules' as such here. Didn't have 'em at dlt.com, not gonna have 'em in here. But don't let that fool you into thinking you can act like a total fucktard and get away with it. Justin and I (and prolly many others) don't want to ghey up these forums the way some others have been with a whole bunch of rules, a laundry list of mods, ubermods, and admins who get off on banning and what not. That's not what this place is gonna be about. Notice there is no introduction thread? Why not? Cause that is dumb. People will get to know you based on the quality (or lack of) in your posts. Just come on in and join the party, but don't shit on the coffee table or your ass is getting shown to the door.

I realize that's all pretty nebulous. How will you know if you are close to crossing the line? Well, the first sign that you've pushed the envelope maybe a bit too far is if you notice that your posts are mysteriously disappearing. That should serve as a hint...and a warning. There will be no PM letting you know why this happened, you're a grown-up, you should be able to figure out what you've done wrong, and chances are good you knew it when you hit the 'Submit' button. If your behavior continues along similar lines, your next warning will be a ban, and this will be an action of last resort, used only in EXTREME circumstances, and not something that's going to be used lightly. Unlike some other forums, you won't be notified who banned you (its not an egotrip for us), for what reason (see above), or for how long (basically until we've decided you can be allowed a second chance)...you'll just try to enter the forum one sunny day, and find that you're not welcome anymore. So please...don't be a douche. There's enough strife in the world today that we really don't need any in a place that's basically an escape from all that.

thx!
aha, np...it's just that i'm a new dlt members...so you'll hear me wondering few stuff here and there, so don't take that as an offence...I'm here to help.

Imo...rules aren't useless...but this is your site and you set it up...so what you say is the rule and that says no rules here except common sense lol
damn, I'm confusing myself here...guess it's time to crash.

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 16 Aug 2006 08:28

Its' not the rules. It's the people enforcing them that always gets things ballsed.

Case in point...Seriously tasted power and BAM he almost got out of hand. Well as much as Seriously could ever get out of hand.

The last incarnation of the forum was great because no rules meant total creative freedom. For a site frequented by pedos at worst and delinquents like myself at best it never really spiraled out of control which is kind of sad. If only I'd done more.