Hoax debunking

no description could cover what is likely to happen in here...

Moderator: Seriously

smash

Hoax debunking

Post by smash » 30 Aug 2007 20:28

Highly disturbing to me

Is it real? Is it a hoax? The head lifting up implies it is fake to me...either way...its incredibly disconcerting for me to watch. I have a problem with medical stuff and I have a problem with animal cruelty...both aplenty.

It could be real though. Anyone that's well read would know that the Russians were doing some crazy ass experiments in the 50s and 60s and had managed to attach a second head onto a dog for a few hours. Unless that's a hoax too...but I believe there is a lot of history on that item.

Either way...

What other classic real/hoax items are out there on the internets?

grey_foxxy

Post by grey_foxxy » 31 Aug 2007 00:25

The only one that comes to my mind was the larval infested breast that came out a while back.

Link cause some might not want to see it.

It was later debunked as a fake here But they were so kind enough to post a video of the real thing in Nigeria.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 31 Aug 2007 03:15

The dog head video is likely real, or at least a recreation of actual events. Google 'Sergei Bryukhonenko' and 'Vladimir Demikhov' to learn about some of the other revolutionary work that helped pave the way for many techniques and equipment used in modern transplant surgery. I know the video looks cruel and unnecessary, but let's bear in mind that thousands of dogs (and millions of other animals) give their lives each year in the quest for better drugs and other medical therapies to improve human existence.

You can also look up Robert White for experiments in which he transplanted monkey heads onto different bodies.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 31 Aug 2007 03:40

It's definately unsettling to watch, but oh my jesus you should see what they do to living animals.

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 03 Sep 2007 07:42

HERE ROVER!

oh wait...