Lost

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Lost

Post by AngelBaby » 13 Jan 2010 05:32

Well, exactly what some people feared is apparently coming to pass. They will not be answering all your questions in the final season.

"Get ready to scratch your heads, America," Lindelof said.

Have fun with that, Lost fanatics.

Dex
Big Daddy

Re: Lost

Post by Dex » 13 Jan 2010 18:29

People feared this? I'm sure Smash (sorry to namedrop) and the other Lostards will be all BAWW about this info, but I couldn't care less. And I kinda expected/hoped for it.

The reason I love Lost... well, one of the many reasons, is that they constantly come up with some new mindfuck that makes me go :eek:
It's like watching 24 with your only expectation being that "Jack Bauer yells at someone". Mission accomplished. Several times.

Lost is great because it always surprises me. Don't get me wrong, I love when they explain some long-running mystery (and then bring up 5 new mysteries), but when I sit down to watch a brand new episode of Lost, my mind is wide open, and I have never been disappointed. If the show ended LAST season, I would still love it and have nothing bad to say about it. I'm happy to see the characters I love come back for a final 18 episodes to give me more crazy twilight zone shit and entertainment. Closure is fine and all, but I'd actually prefer that some parts of the Lost mythos remain in constant confusion and up to the viewers to decide.

Think about the end of the first Matrix. So much was left unexplained, but it made the movie more powerful.
This is why magicians don't explain their illusions.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 13 Jan 2010 21:12

I at least want the numbers thing explained.

If anything, that needs some closure, otherwise that's just laziness - They were introduced in the first season, we deserve to know what the fuck is going on with the power of those numbers - even if it's something as lame as the co-ordinates of the island relative to the sun's position or some shit, just don't leave that one floating around.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 19 Jan 2010 17:15

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 22 Jan 2010 04:53

The Oceanic 815 crash, edited from dozens of episodes, into a realtime event. Fantastic.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 30 Jan 2010 04:29

First 4 minutes of next week's Lost premiere episode. For realsies

http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... z0e2EnTGmV

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 04 Feb 2010 05:46

Oh wow. That might have been one of the greatest 2 hours of TV watching that I've ever experienced. THEORY TIME!

***MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD***DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN EP 1 & 2***

Ok, when Juliet hit the bomb, 2 things happened; First, it created a rift in the space/time continuum. The explosion in the energy pocket of the island killed everyone (in the 1970s) and sunk the island. Everyone on Oceanic airlines in the future (2000s) fly successfully across the sunken island, and land at LAX. They still have some form of deja vu, as they see each other on the plane and do a double take. Also, their lives are slightly different from having altered the past; Hurley is very lucky now (since the island numbers no longer have a hidden meaning), Locke GOES on the walkabout in Australia, and Charlie attempts to kill himself, somehow knowing that he shouldn't exist in this new timeline. If you were confused about Desmond showing up (he was never on the original plane), remember he had the ability to jump though time, similar to Faraday.
The second thing that happened after the bomb/time rift is that the survivors on the island DID NOT die, the island transported them to current time (2000s), but exactly how they were before, and still on the island. The normal time was SPLIT, and now there are 2 versions of "current time". The bomb had never actually gone off in the 1970s, and everything was just as it was before all the time jumping in last season. Juliet is still half-dead in the shaft (now the swan), and the survivors are now in the same time/space as everyone at the beach (by the statues foot).
WHEW!
Moving on, John Locke obviously isn't John Locke. Remember "The Dark Man" or "The Man in Black" shown last season with Jacob on the beach? They were watching The Black Pearl pirate ship sail towards the island, and discussed how The Dark Man wished he could kill Jacob. But apparently there were "rules" preventing this. The Dark Man said "one day I'll find a loophole" to which Jacob replied "and when you do, I'll be right here".
When John and Ben came into the foot statue to meet Jacob, Jacob said to John "looks like you found your loophole". John is The Dark Man, not possessing John's body, but just taking his form. Later, John disappears and the Smoke Monster appears to kill 4 attackers. As soon as Smokey goes away, John appears to utter "sorry you had to see my like that" WOW! The Dark Man = Smokey. His natural form might be the smoke, and he can take the form of any dead body that exists on the island. Maybe that's what we saw when Jack saw his dead father on the island? Or when we saw Claire? But if this is true, then Jacob can do the same thing (or something similar).
So, Sayid was shot and dying, and Locke (The Dark Man) made Ben kill Jacob. Jacob fell into the fire and turned to ash (ash is also what is used to keep Smokey away... could the ash be from Jacobs other bodies?). Jacob appears to Hurley in a spirit/ghost form and tells him to take Sayid to the temple. The temple people are surprised that the water is not "clear". My guess here is, the water has been clear for years, because Jacob was alive in the body we've always seen him in. Now that he's dead, the water is dirty (just like how Smokey is black air... Jacob's soul must exist in water instead of air). So they put Sayid into the water face down (so the water can get into him), and at the end he wakes from the dead asking "what happened?". I believe Jacob is now inside Sayid's dead body. That would make sense in difference of powers, Smokey steals the form of the dead, whereas Jacob gives new life.
Ok, that's enough for now, I need to go re-watch it again :dance:

AHHH I LOVE THIS SHOW

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 05 Feb 2010 02:10

That is pretty much my interpretation of events, and yes this show is awesome!

And Kate is so hawt in her handcuff getup.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 11 Mar 2010 03:34

psyper

Post by psyper » 12 Mar 2010 04:17

Another lost vid I discovered today that Sophie has done - thought yours was gonna be the same one dex

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 01 Apr 2010 06:00

Fucking ABC.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/ABCs-Countd ... 16803.aspx

They ran a countdown clock at the bottom of the screen next to the ABC logo bug throughout the majority (at least 95%) of the new episode of Lost last night. It was BIG and UGLY and RED, counting down how many HH:MM:SS until V returned from a 4 month break. Which, by the way, was RIGHT after Lost. Apparently commercials urging viewers to "stick around" wasn't enough, and neither was the usual UP NEXT pop-up that annoys for only 3-5 seconds... they had to remind you the entire episode of what show was airing next. TICK TICK TICK.
I didn't watch V after Lost, but I did record it. I'm tempted to delete it and never watch it again just to spite ABC and their horrible promo that backfired.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 02 Apr 2010 00:01

Torrents ftw!
I didn't watch V after Lost, but I did record it. I'm tempted to delete it and never watch it again just to spite ABC and their horrible promo that backfired.
Do it! This show is going fucking nowhere.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 05 Apr 2010 06:28

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 25 May 2010 03:17

Finale:

:blink:

-_-

:eek:

:cry:

:?

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 25 May 2010 05:14

I loved every part of that finale up until the last 10 minutes. Thankfully some discussion with friends afterward helped clear some things up, and those last 10 minutes weren't so bad.

I haven't read any reviews or anything, and I don't care what anyone else says, I loved Lost, and I loved the finale. A+

Also, I cried at least 4 times. :unsure: