Louis (C.K.)

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

smash

Louis (C.K.)

Post by smash » 11 Jul 2010 07:20

I watched three episodes back to back today, and I gotta say, I like the show far more than I had expected. I've only seen his stand-up on TV once; although caught him on TV appearances a few times (Daily Show twice). His bits are pretty funny. He seems to take the topic into a really perverse direction in a real quick fashion, but when is that ever a problem with perverts like Smash, Dex, and Angelbaby?!??!!?

The 'plot' for each episode isn't deep; nor it it meant to be. They are mildly humorous at best. What each episode delivers though, is a mechanism for other comedians to launch their particular rants. Special note is Ricky Gervais going over the top as Louis's childhood friend/physician. I actually cringed several times at the sheer absurdity of the premise. Gervais makes C.K. drop his trousers and proceeds to tell him that's the worst looking penis he's ever seen. It culminates in bringing in Gervais' Nurse to confirm that, in fact, it's a hideous penis.

The most memorable segment so far, however, was with (never heard of before) gay comedian, Rick Crom. Over a poker game, Crom goes into graphic detail explaining what goes down in a gay bath house; horrifying fellow comedians- Louis C.K., Nick DePallo, and Hannibal Buress.

I'd recommend it for the lot of you; you're all almost as perverted as I am.

Dex
Big Daddy

Re: Louis (C.K.)

Post by Dex » 11 Jul 2010 16:38

I've seen his stand up several several times, as well as on Sirius comedy stations and whatnot, and he's always been one of my favorite comedians... but his new show is hit & miss. I think it's a little to watered down compared to what I'm used to hearing from him, mostly because it's on FX, not HBO or something like that.

It's not bad at all, and I've seen all 3 episodes, but the scripted segments will never be as funny to me as his hardcore standup insanity.

"I would happily blow twenty guys in an alley with bleedy dicks so I could get aids & then fuck a deer and kill it with my aids"
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010