Detroit 1-8-7

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

Dex
Big Daddy

Re: Detroit 1-8-7

Post by Dex » 08 Dec 2010 05:33

efilflah wrote:How can you not be watching Boardwalk every week? It's epic!
Who is this directed at? I watch it, and the season finale last Sunday was great.
efilflah wrote:I also want more shows for chrimbo, since I don't watch Dexter, I've got like 5 seasons to download.

I'm so paranoid tho, after watching Firefly and other shows that got cut down in their prime, I'm hesitant to start in on these new ones. I just got finished with all of the Deadwoods, and I can't believe they didn't renew that. Cunts!
Well, not only do you have 5 seasons of Dexter, but it was just picked up for a 6th next year... why the paranoia?
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 08 Dec 2010 06:53

Paranoia that I'll get invested in a show, only to have it ripped away from me. I couldn't bear it again ... it hurts too much!

psyper

Post by psyper » 11 Dec 2010 08:12

efilflah wrote:Paranoia that I'll get invested in a show, only to have it ripped away from me. I couldn't bear it again ... it hurts too much!
Theres no like button for dlt - which is probably a good thing so I'd just say that I totally agree with this statement. I think they are going to start doing mini-series type programmes and then if they do well they will extend them - didn't they do that with 4400??
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 11 Dec 2010 08:18

psyper wrote:
efilflah wrote:Paranoia that I'll get invested in a show, only to have it ripped away from me. I couldn't bear it again ... it hurts too much!
Theres no like button for dlt - which is probably a good thing so I'd just say that I totally agree with this statement. I think they are going to start doing mini-series type programmes and then if they do well they will extend them - didn't they do that with 4400??
Rubicon effectively became a mini-series type program when AMC decided not to renew it for a second season. I'd have liked to see another season, but strangely enough, I'm fine with where they left things.