I felt that the entire series really went nowhere. The acting is better than normal, and there are a handful of "good" episodes in the bunch, but overall, it was a pretty vanilla show IMO. If you have nothing else to watch, then it's slightly better than shows that are still on the air, but I'd suggest a dozen other shows before I'd recommend Dark Blue - which gets even worse in season 2.
Maybe it was lack of variety, but every episode was, as the title suggests, dark. Everything was SO SERIOUS and LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION, it quickly became ridiculous. 80% of each episode is at night, with the other 20% being a coin-flip between either dawn or dusk, and always INDOORS.
Another problem stemmed from basically zero back story, which caused me to have little to no feelings for any of the main characters. Oh no! So-and-so got caught while undercover like he does in every single episode! I don't care.
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010