Smallville

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

efilflah

Smallville

Post by efilflah » 30 Sep 2007 02:14

Season 7 has begun...

* IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED EPISODE 1 YET - DO NOT VENTURE SOUTH *

I enjoyed Bizarro, I thought it was well paced and the content was well balanced, with just the right blend of action and drama.

I was kinda surprised at seeing Supergirl in the credits. I really don't like the idea of her becoming a main character, it's saturating the programme with people who have a better grasp on their destinies and powers than Clark does. Last year we had Green Arrow, well on his way to establishing a name for himself and with a clear goal in mind parallelling Clark's phantom chasing and slowly coming to terms with the fact that he has to start doing things with his abilities to protect the planet - not just Smallville. When they introduced Bizarro at the end of the season I was so excited that they'd have a contrasting Arc throughout the season...an evil Clark with evil goals driving Clark's good goals and helping him realise his destiny and stepping up as a more Supermanly figure - alone, by himself with the guidance of the Martian Manhunter.

But now, not only is there the Martian Manhunter and the Fortress/Jor El and Chloe with powersl (not to mention Green Arrow probably coming back) there's also a fellow Kryptonian who already knows her abilities better than Clark does who will probably have more wisdom to force upon him throughout the series. That to me is a bit too much. This isn't Heroes, (as great as Heroes is), more people with powers doesn't necessarily mean a better programme, good consistant Arcs do. I'll admit that it allows a certain Freshness to be added, but in my opinion Clark's character isn't stale enough yet, he could do so much more without the re-enforcement of others but it seems the writers don't want to take the risk that the mythology alone can carry the show another season.

That being said, the ratings were higher than last year's premiere and as long as Bizarro returns I think it's gonna be a good season.

efilflah

Re: Smallville

Post by efilflah » 15 May 2011 08:49

:cry:

So long Smallville.