3 Episodes in...

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

psyper

3 Episodes in...

Post by psyper » 14 Oct 2007 14:56

I always give new series' the 3 episode test. I never decide whether I like the series or not until then. The first couple of episodes are usually reserved for charater & plot building and it takes a while for a brand new cast to gel with each other.

So here's the list and if phpbb3 permits it I might edit this post as new series air their third episodes.

Journeyman - [Excellent]
Fantastic show. Love how the storyline has developed and it'll be interesting to see where it goes. Its interesting that his wife has been let in to his special ability. Most of these sort of storylines usually keep the dearest and closest in the dark as the main character tries to keep their ability hidden from them.

Life - [Excellent]
I'll have to thank Dex for bringing this show to my attention!! I read the synopsys a while back and didn't think it was up to all that but I'm glad I gave it a go. the main charater is played really well and his assistant is pretty hot to boot!!

Califonication - [Excellent]
Again I have to thank dlt forum for bringing this in to my radar (it wasn't even on my horizon). Thanks UncleMao and Angelbaby!! OMG how much totty can you fit into a single episode!! It trys to fit into the Rescue Me mold and totally excells it. After 4 seasons Rescue Me is starting to get a bit old and I feel that Californication will go the same way but atleast we get a couple of years out of it and see some hot candy along the way. And OMG being seduced by his ex-wife's new partners 16 year old daughter - damn - If I was in his shoes I would go out of my way to persue that like a love sick puppy. And before eamon angelface sends the fbi or Chris Hansen my way its legal over here!!

The Big Bang Theory - [Very Good]
Very very funny. I see a lot of me and my friends in this - I don't know if its a good or bad thing!! Not sure how long they can keep the storyline going but Two Guys and A Girl (or whatever its called - the wife watches it!) has done really well out of the same sort of comedy so I hope they keep this one going. Its a shame they didn't keep the first scene from the pre-air - although pretty sick (which is probably why they removed it) it had me in stitches.

Reaper - [Very Good]
Great show and a fantastic plot. I'm hoping its not just gonna be the same premise over and over again in each episode - perhaps they should do a running thread at some point midway through the season.

Cavemen - [Good]
When I first heard about this I had to youtube the adverts as I've never seen them before. Before I saw the series I was really looking forward to it as I found the adverts really funny but I was a bit dissapointed after the preair pilot. It just seemed like they took a racist comedy and just replaced Black with Caveman and the N word for Cromagger from the script. But I'm hoping that it will pull out from that 'rut' and develops on its own. And I'm not thinking its just being racist for racist sake - it takes the piss out of stereotypes very well.

K-Ville - [Good]
Very good idea but I don't think it can spend more than a season on the same premise.

Flash Gordon - [Average]
Very Very cheesy but not a total waste of 45 minutes - even if its just for the totty on rubber suits.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.