Dollhouse - i just had a sick thought...

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

psyper

Dollhouse - i just had a sick thought...

Post by psyper » 05 Jun 2009 03:42

As Fox has decided to axe sarah connor in favour of dollhouse I decided to give it another go - it was good and I did enjoy watching it but put it to one side while I watched other series'.

anyway I'm up to episode 10 (haunted) and a sick thought occurred to me...

You're Topher. You pretty much have full access to the chair out of hours. You take a copy of yourself and then pick one of the dolls and implant that image - you now have a perfect copy of yourself in some body and both of you can do anything you want.

I personally would pick November and then there would be me inside a sexy body where I could have hours and hours of fun and also on the other side of the coin I would have me as me with this totally hot girl who knew everything about me and knew how to get me off.

So everyone; would you make a copy of yourself, which doll would you pick and what things would you do?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Seriously

Re: Dollhouse - i just had a sick thought...

Post by Seriously » 05 Jun 2009 09:22

If I were to use dolls it would only be as a proving ground to make sure that the upgrades wouldn't conflict.

I doubt that I would like a female version of myself.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 21 Aug 2009 09:02

This is our only Dollhouse thread, so I guess I'll leave this here.
Network will let Joss do what he does best with season two of rejuvenated show.

Let's recap Dollhouse's turbulent first season: The show gets announced with Eliza Dushku and Joss Whedon reuniting, fans hail it as the next big thing. Word leaks that there is trouble on set, the original pilot is scrapped, fans begin to worry. Studio executives ask for some retooling, which includes going in a more standalone episode direction, fans worry more. The first episodes come out, critics groan, fans suffer.

But then a funny thing happens: the show becomes much more watchable in its second half, and is somewhat miraculously renewed for a second season. A 13th episode -- "Epitaph One," which never airs on TV -- is included in the DVD set and is considered one of the series' best.

At Comic-Con this year, Joss Whedon told TV.com that Dollhouse was by far the hardest show he's ever done, and it's easy to see why -- too many cooks in the kitchen, too much control in the hands of the studio executives. But the tug-of-war that plagued the first half of Dollhouse's debut season won't happen this year, and that's a good thing.

"Joss will keep doing what he's doing," Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly announced at the TCAs, according to IFMagazine. "That's the beauty of Joss. Joss was pretty open about the hiccups. He started finding the show in the second half of the year. The fact that he found that, it's going to be much smoother sailing this year."

Translation: "We won't be f***ing with his show this year."

"I don't think he was having any fun and we were a big part of that, and ultimately once he hit his stride, I don't think we spoke," Reilly said.

With Fox out of the way, Whedon can continue with his vision, which sees Echo (Dushku) becoming more aware of what's going on and -- thankfully -- more active instead of emotionlessly passive (that was a big problem in the early episodes). And in the vein of the un-aired flash-forwarding "Epitaph One" episode, there will also be some glimpses into the future during season two.

The second season of Dollhouse was given the nod over a third season of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Did Fox make the right choice?
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

psyper

Post by psyper » 26 Aug 2009 12:50

I still miss Terminator :(
Dollhouse is a decent substitute for it though as long as the execs realise Whedon has talent and should be allowed full control over what happens. And pulls Dollhouse in to the future where an alliance takes over the known universe and a rag tag crew of misfits have to survive by transporting god-knows-what from planet to planet and generally getting in to mischief - oh and Summer :blush: Glau reprises her role.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

smash

Post by smash » 27 Aug 2009 02:37

I really never got that into Terminator. Only marginally through the second season.

Dollhouse was far better in my opinion. I liked it on day one.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 28 Aug 2009 09:10

Summer Glau is moving into the Dollhouse! :dance:

psyper

Post by psyper » 28 Aug 2009 17:01

AngelBaby wrote:Summer Glau is moving into the Dollhouse! :dance:
Sweeet - Hope they take up on Heroes idea and have a lesbian scene with dashu and glau :D yumb

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 29 Aug 2009 09:41

psyper wrote:dashu
Who? :?

psyper

Post by psyper » 01 Sep 2009 04:20

Dex wrote:
psyper wrote:dashu
Who? :?
my bad - Eliza Dushku

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 19 Sep 2009 07:39

Interview with Joss;

The television wizard talks about how "Epitaph One" fits into his plan, and the on-set "deathmatch" between Battlestar and Firefly.

Talk about an engagement!
Dollhouse has a lot on the line in Season 2 (premiering Friday, September 25), having been unexpectedly saved by Fox from certain death. But that's how much faith the network has in the show's creator, Joss Whedon, even after a shaky start to Season 1.

That shaky start is as much the network's fault as it is Joss's; there was some internal head-butting between the two parties. The network wanted some standalone episodes, and Joss wanted to do what he does best: open up the story at his own pace. Well this season, Whedon gets to steer the ship back toward his original vision.

"[This season] is going to be pretty arc-y," Whedon told reporters this afternoon as fans breathed a sigh of relief. "Clearly what people responded to was the workings of the Dollhouse and the progressions of the characters in it. ... There will still be engagements, but they will feed into the main arc as well."

And that main arc all leads toward what we saw in "Epitaph One," the un-aired 13th episode that was only available in the DVD set (we won't spoil what happens in that episode for those who have yet to see it -- more on that next week). "It had originally been my intention to start in that era and come back ... we're looking at this season through the lens of that episode. It isn't required [to have seen it], but it helps. It adds a layer." He also said that the scenario presented by "Epitaph One" will be revisited toward the end of Season 2.

Season 2 will be mostly about Echo (Eliza Dushku) becoming more aware of her surroundings, both when she's "active" and when she's a doll (when Echo is active, she's imprinted with a personality and for hire; when she's a doll, she's devoid of personality and waiting for her next assignment). And that dawning awareness sends her on a mission.

"Echo is looking for allies, and Paul is the first person she turns to for that," Whedon explained. "A lot of the season is going to be her attempt to put together some sort of team ... to see who is on her side and who is not."

One thing Whedonites are looking forward to this season is the addition of Summer Glau, formerly of Whedon's Firefly and the recently canceled Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Glau will play the programmer of one of the other Dollhouses, and Whedon hopes the "eccentric" role will be "something different than we've seen her do before." Which is good, because we've barely seen her crack a smile as a sheltered, ass-kicking prodigy and a cyborg from the future.

Whedon isn't shy about his affinity for working with actors he admires or has worked with in the past. And as a big Battlestar Galactica fan, he admits Season 2 has become a guest-star "deathmatch" between Firefly and BSG. "This season I'm less concerned with how the cast is perceived," says Whedon. "I have no fear to throw in people I've worked with or want to work with."

Other notes:

-- Joss on getting renewed: "I think it's the nature of the business and the fan base. The fan base is in it for the long haul, they're nurturing, they'll tend to it. They know the long haul pays off. I don't make hit shows, I make shows that stick around. There's a market there that exists beyond Nielsen numbers." Whedon cited DVD sales and the continuing payoff of his previous series as proof.

-- Victor and Sierra will still be hot and heavy. "[They] can't keep their hands off each other. They're like monkeys."

-- Dr. Saunders would have played a bigger part in the upcoming season, but actress Amy Acker moved to another show after Fox couldn't afford to make her a regular. She will appear in three episodes this season, and Whedon promises they'll be mind-blowing.

-- Ray Wise is joining the cast this season as a recurring character. He'll play the head of the same Dollhouse that Summer Glau's character works for.

-- More Dr. Horrible is in the works, but the crew is trying to decide if they want to do it on a shoestring budget again, or blow it out and invite others in to make it much bigger.

Dollhouse returns for Season 2 on September 25 at 9 pm on Fox.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 24 Sep 2009 12:28

Season 2 promo pics to get everyone in the mood for the premiere on Friday.

Bob

Post by Bob » 25 Sep 2009 01:27

AngelBaby wrote:Season 2 promo pics to get everyone in the mood for the premiere on Friday.

This pic looks x-rayable. Too bad I don't have photoshop on my computer at work here >_<

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 25 Sep 2009 04:57

That sword is fucking sexy.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 29 Oct 2009 12:17

The most recent episode was one of the best yet, a perfect example of what a Whedon series is capable of if left alone by a network and allowed to grow its ideas and its characters...and it just makes me sad.

Why, you ask? Because it's looking more and more likely that the dumbasses at Fox brought back the show for a second season only to give it the axe after that, just like they did with Sarah Connor Chronicles. I swear to god, there must be a bunch of sadists working there, because this kind of thing happens with absurd regularity, except with garbage like 'Til Death, which is somehow in its fourth season.

Oh yeah, and the episode I'm referring to was directed by none other than Commander William T. Riker.
:D

smash

Post by smash » 29 Oct 2009 18:07

AngelBaby wrote:The most recent episode was one of the best yet, a perfect example of what a Whedon series is capable of if left alone by a network and allowed to grow its ideas and its characters...and it just makes me sad.

Why, you ask? Because it's looking more and more likely that the dumbasses at Fox brought back the show for a second season only to give it the axe after that, just like they did with Sarah Connor Chronicles. I swear to god, there must be a bunch of sadists working there, because this kind of thing happens with absurd regularity, except with garbage like 'Til Death, which is somehow in its fourth season.

Oh yeah, and the episode I'm referring to was directed by none other than Commander William T. Riker.
:D

You're talking about the episode that made me even more in love with Sierra, right?

And yes... fox THE WORST at canceling shows. They need to be stopped.