Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

smash

Re: Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles

Post by smash » 12 Apr 2009 10:57

AngelBaby wrote:Many people who follow such things insist that tonight's episode wasn't just the season finale, but the SERIES finale.

If so, is there anyone who is satisfied with the way they ended things?
:unsure:

Yeah I'm sure it leads into the movie.

Very sad this ended so abruptly...I finally got into it.

Dollhouse is over too. Fox nixed the final episode from Whedon. They claimed buying '13 episodes' meant 12+ the unaired original pilot. That means they are stopping Whedon from making his last episode of S1 which would have led to S2 story arc. :(

Goddamn Fox. I seriously want to boycott them.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 13 Apr 2009 06:03

That can't be it.

Someone needs to send a Terminator to the next FOX board meeting. Not one of the hot Cameron models either, one of those old rubber skins. See how they like a bit of half-hearted termination.

psyper

Post by psyper » 14 Apr 2009 05:36

efilflah wrote:That can't be it.

Someone needs to send a Terminator to the next FOX board meeting. Not one of the hot Cameron models either, one of those old rubber skins. See how they like a bit of half-hearted termination.
Can you imagine that?

"breaking news, last evening the governer of california broke in the fox headquaters and killed all 17 executives. Eye witness reports that he shouted Asta La vista as he mowed down anyone in sight. He has been taken in for questioning but swares he was nowhere near the building at the time. More news at 9."
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

psyper

Post by psyper » 14 Apr 2009 05:43

Sarah Connor has repeatedly made me gasp, stand up in shock and replay scenes over and over again. Not many series do that to me (battlestar being another one) so they aren't allowed to cancel it just yet. Apparently they are holding out on the success of the film to see if that pulls in more viewers so if the film is a huge huge success then fox will believe theres a decent fanbase that they can tap in to and start doing the 3rd season - if the film is a flop I think that fox will leave sarah connor and move on.

Also interesting is that if dollhouse and sarah connor drop out of fox's line-up what is going to take their place? Does fox have anything else that will pull in the much needed extra ratings?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 15 Apr 2009 12:16

FUCK. FOX. :x

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 16 Apr 2009 14:14

From TVguide.com
The one bright spot? Despite horrific ratings, Fox isn't ready to declare SCC dead and buried -- at least not officially. "No decision has been made yet," insists a network rep. "We will be announcing our fall schedule on May 18."
“Also, mouth-to-mouth causes AIDS” - Zilch 5/18/2010

Mike

Post by Mike » 17 Apr 2009 02:12

feels good
Dex wrote:From TVguide.com
The one bright spot? Despite horrific ratings, Fox isn't ready to declare SCC dead and buried -- at least not officially. "No decision has been made yet," insists a network rep. "We will be announcing our fall schedule on May 18."
i hope they kill derek again. fucking douche

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 17 Apr 2009 14:01

More info:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/973/973668p1.html

Best quote:
Terminator showrunner Josh Friedman meanwhile Twittered, "Waiting for Michael Ausiello to tell me what I'm supposed to do now with my career."
I honestly don't think anyone knows at this point, not even the execs at FOX. The show is very expensive to produce, which is bad news in this economy, plus; the raitings haven't been that amazing since they moved it to Fridays (not the shows fault).

BUT even if it was canceled for sure, many shows have come back after cancelation (Jericho, Family Guy, Friday Night Lights, etc). I'm sure the movie this summer will make $$$ and bring this show back, if it isn't already back.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 17 Apr 2009 20:32

Dex wrote:..... if it isn't already back.
She'll be back!

...ahahahhahaha!

Shut up! I thought it was funny :cry:

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 18 May 2009 13:17

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 19 May 2009 00:53

Fox are Cox.
Fox Douche wrote:..It had a nice creative core, but, ultimately, we made the bet on Dollhouse..
I like Joss Whedon, but I haven't seen dollhouse yet, and whilst I'm sure it's pretty decent, it ain't no mother fucking SARAH CONNOR DUGUDUGUDUGUH POW POW 88MPH ROBOTITS CHRONICLES.

I think TTSCC had more potential, especially with the movie coming out soon - they coulda stolen all sorts of characters and tied them in to later series'.

Shame!

psyper

Post by psyper » 01 Jun 2009 04:30

Out of dollhouse and sarah connor I would say that dollhouse would've kicked the bucket but I guess they owe Whedon for firefly so meh.

I thought that sarah connor went a bit strange at the end of the season when they shot to the post-nuke timeline but after watching the film I realised what they were trying to do - grab the film fans in on the same storyline - surviving the post war against skynet and terminators etc - I guess it wasn't to be though :( shame.