Whats the last game you PAID for?

Gamer talk.

Moderator: Dex

Zorak

Post by Zorak » 29 Aug 2006 16:01

I've never been a huge GTA fan for whatever reason. They just never did it for me.

But this game looks pretty interesting though so please let me know how you like it.

Justin
zoom zoom

Post by Justin » 29 Aug 2006 18:51

i just bought:

dead rising

syphon filter dark mirror
every extend extra

point blank ds

ftw!

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 29 Aug 2006 23:37

Dex wrote:
eamon angelface wrote:I might get a 360 just cause of that game. It looks fun.
The demo was amazing.

It's much like a GTA-style game, but so much more in-depth and fun... the fact that you can make your character look however you want is a welcome change from the standard default anti-hero in most games.

Another great advantage over the GTA franchise is the fact that Saint's Row is actually playable ONLINE.
Yeah the custom characters and online play are the selling points. Otherwise it would just be dismissed as another GTA wanna be. Plus I think you can customize your car too which you could do in San Andreas but it didn't really matter.
DLT Prom Queen 4 years running.

thesuit

Post by thesuit » 30 Aug 2006 06:20

MLB 2k6 for the Gamecube.

its not bad, but it is missing a bunch of features and cut scenes because of size.

exelis

Post by exelis » 30 Aug 2006 20:09

Gosh, I haven't paid for too many games, lately. I'm too busy to play them most of the time, unfortunately.

I think probably the last one that I actually purchased was Silent Hill 4 - The Room.

Thankfully I got it long after it came out, because it wasn't worth the $11.95 that the guy on eBay got for it.

Sunk a fair amount of money into NeverWinter Nights, as well, which was fun while it lasted.

it's a secret.

Post by it's a secret. » 31 Aug 2006 07:15

lol i cannot believe how much people havent bought. and u didnt open colossus? shame on u, its my favortie game. last thing i bought was pokemon ruby version, along with a new sp, just got tired of all the battery bull with the original advanced.

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 02 Sep 2006 16:35

Zorak wrote:I've never been a huge GTA fan for whatever reason. They just never did it for me.

But this game looks pretty interesting though so please let me know how you like it.
Well, I'm only about 30-45 min into the game so far (busy busy busy), but from what I've played, it is BETTER than GTA.

It's not as liner as GTA... the driving and the shootings controls are improved... the story is more XXX rated, and just plain awesome... and the customizable items make it even more delicious. You create your player to look just how you want... down to the smallest detail.

My favorite aspect is the "homie" system. If you get enough rep (by killing, selling drugs, pimping hos, etc), you can recruit other gang members into your crew. These new "homies" will become your entourage; following you around, getting into cars when you car-jack someone, and even watch your back when you get into a firefight with a rival gang.

And I havn't even played it online yet!

The only real downside to the entire thing is its unoriginality. If you can get past the "GTA clone" sigma attached to it... it's like an 9 out of 10.

shiftomnimega

Post by shiftomnimega » 02 Sep 2006 21:36

I last bought River City Ransom for the GBA. I was in the mood for a classic remake.

I really don't want to buy a 360 until the Wii comes out (hopefully by then Microsoft will start bundling stuff with it for free). However, Saints Row is sounding very intriguing. I may just buy it and play it at my boy's house just like I did back in the High School days . ^_^

Pitchit

Post by Pitchit » 02 Sep 2006 22:08

Dex wrote:
Zorak wrote:I've never been a huge GTA fan for whatever reason. They just never did it for me.

Well, I'm only about 30-45 min into the game so far (busy busy busy), but from what I've played, it is BETTER than GTA.

It's not as liner as GTA... the driving and the shootings controls are improved... the story is more XXX rated, and just plain awesome... and the customizable items make it even more delicious. You create your player to look just how you want... down to the smallest detail.

My favorite aspect is the "homie" system. If you get enough rep (by killing, selling drugs, pimping hos, etc), you can recruit other gang members into your crew. These new "homies" will become your entourage; following you around, getting into cars when you car-jack someone, and even watch your back when you get into a firefight with a rival gang.

And I havn't even played it online yet!

The only real downside to the entire thing is its unoriginality. If you can get past the "GTA clone" sigma attached to it... it's like an 9 out of 10.
The guys on my forum are going nuts over this game.
They are calling it their "New Halo."

smash

Post by smash » 04 Sep 2006 12:04

Dex wrote:

Blasphemy??!?!?!

:S Jealous of Dex. I want to play.

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 04 Sep 2006 12:44

I'm considering selling my PS2 and Xbox and all my games just because of Saints Row and so I can play NFS:Carbon on a better system.

I've been putting it off until the PS3 launches because I know Xbox 360 will drop its price but I don't think I can wait now.
DLT Prom Queen 4 years running.

Hortnon

Post by Hortnon » 05 Sep 2006 01:39

I just got Darkstar One for pc. Think Oblivion: In Space! ... and you generally have what this game is.
sqlplus "/ as sysdba"

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 14 Sep 2006 12:37

I just bought the following this week (on vacation):

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 09 Nov 2006 10:01

Hmm... no one post anymore.

<3

lswalker

Post by lswalker » 09 Nov 2006 12:56

Gears of War and xp media sharing, makes me want to buy a 360. Then I will have to buy an HDTV too.