Am I sick?

Shoot the shit.
psyper

Am I sick?

Post by psyper » 14 Sep 2007 04:27

Just overheard a news item on the bbc found the article relating to it here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/shro ... 993095.stm
I accidently said out aloud without really thinking "is there a youtube of it"

Am I sick or just immune because of todays media and the internet?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Re: Am I sick?

Post by AngelBaby » 14 Sep 2007 06:42

So he hanged himself on cam? Zzzz. Bo-RING!

I saw that video of Saddam's hanging...not very exciting. If you want to make a good suicide YouTube, you've got to pull a Cobain and eat a shotgun.

Or let rattlesnakes bite you.

The Deadly Superman

Post by The Deadly Superman » 14 Sep 2007 10:03

I couldn't find a video.

I did find this though.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 14 Sep 2007 13:48

:lol:

:unsure:

yeah, i'm goin to hell.

smash

Post by smash » 14 Sep 2007 20:21

Who the fuck is a 'coroner' to be calling for things to be banned? (Insult chat rooms). I call for the ending of coroners using latex gloves when examining bodies!

psyper

Post by psyper » 14 Sep 2007 23:46

Lucky he wasnt browsing dontlinkthis and then decided to kill himself. BAN IT BAN IT.

He was watching the news and decided to kill himself - ban the news
He was watching pron and decided to kill himself - ban all pron!!

Give me a break. People kill themselves because they are suicidal - nothing to do with what they are doing at the time - same goes for people killing other people and they find a horror movie in their DVD collection - oh that must be what triggered it lets ban that!! Give me a break!
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 15 Sep 2007 03:01

I was just going to get a glass of milk when I killed myself.

psyper

Post by psyper » 15 Sep 2007 05:09

And if they ban milk what the heck am I gonna have in my tea!?!?

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 15 Sep 2007 18:04

Acid?

eamon angelface

Post by eamon angelface » 16 Sep 2007 04:53

I would think the appropriate thing to do would be to close the site and offer an alternative site for these same people but have it crawled for danger words that send alerts to appropriate staff who can then contact the person with advice on who they can talk to professionally (head shinkers etc).

It's amazing how people revert to antiquated mentalities when identical issues are visited in a varying medium.

Basically it's: Why help these mentally ill people when we can just do our best to shut them away and ignore them?

That site presents a great opportunity to do a lot of good but instead knee jerk, patch work fixing will end up doing a lot of damage.
DLT Prom Queen 4 years running.

~vjay~

Post by ~vjay~ » 21 Sep 2007 09:46

Without clicking links why is this news? This happened months and months ago. -_-
I know I'm supposed to do something, but fuck knows what it is.

psyper

Post by psyper » 21 Sep 2007 15:45

Why wont you click on the link? Doesnt your browser support them!! If you did you would've seen that the story was posted on the BBC website - Last Updated: Thursday, 13 September 2007, 18:58 GMT 19:58 UK

~vjay~

Post by ~vjay~ » 21 Sep 2007 16:41

There were calls for instant banning, hunting down the people in the room with the guy and all that crap back in March when it happened.

From what I can see on that article they were having a slow news day and decided to revive it for no good reason other than to try and fill a quota.

I know I'm supposed to do something, but fuck knows what it is.

psyper

Post by psyper » 21 Sep 2007 16:57

Oh yeah I forgot - on this planet only ONE person is allowed to kill themselves via webcam per year - It never occured to me that one person may do it in march somewhere in the world and another person might do the same thing in September somewhere else of course they are the same person - they even look alike (if you squint, stand on your head and poke both eyes out with a cocktail stick)!!
If your allowed to click on links go to google news and look up "internet suicide" or "webcam suicide" and you will notice that loads of different news sites play the same story over and over again about this same guy but for some reason they publish it on different months in different years and change his name and gender and how he died. Or perhaps there is some sort of conspiracy and that this guy didn't die at all and its all just a hoax to draw you away from the UFO's destroying the WTC and the moon landing fakes.

psyper

Post by psyper » 21 Sep 2007 16:59

Oh sorry my mistake - does grey hair go brown when you hang yourself??