BATTERSTAR GARACTICA

TV talk.

Moderator: smash

moralfixation

Post by moralfixation » 23 Mar 2007 05:55

22! AWESOME...although I did read some commentary that suggested an extension basically means the network has said, "Moore, you're finished. We'll give you x episodes to wrap it up."
I wanna see movies of my dreams.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 23 Mar 2007 06:30

That could be a good thing.

If the show has a definite cap, maybe the writers will concentrate on quality rather than holding the good ideas in reserve for a rainy day.

I am being optimistic, maybe they'd just spen the time drinking and puking on their keyboards.

moralfixation

Post by moralfixation » 23 Mar 2007 06:54

I agree. I'm already emotionally prepared for season 4 to be the end.

Predictions for spin-offs?
I wanna see movies of my dreams.

smash

Post by smash » 23 Mar 2007 09:05

I just dont get how this show went from 60 to 0 in one season. :(

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 23 Mar 2007 16:20

I have my own straw man (Angeli), but he really only wrote one really bad one. Not his fault.

They could have just had a string of bad days. It happens to everyone, they are just in the unfortunate position of nobody will forgive them for it.

I am sounding like the show is already dead.

Probably because it is 4 in the morning and my next six days are looking like utter Despair.

I just have to keep in mind that it is easier to not do something (i.e. kill myself) than to do something.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 27 Mar 2007 15:57

My man, Tigh.

I could not be happier for you.

smash

Post by smash » 27 Mar 2007 20:53

I am going to be the only one who says this, aren't I? But I fucking HATED the finale. In fact, chalk up the entire season to 'shit!'

It feels like they are stringing things together for a series end. Suddenly 4 cylons are revealed? It doesn't even make a lot of sense. Why would the other cylon skinjobs never know the identities of those? Did they somehow KNOW that those particular skinjobs would get into crucial positions of the final dregs of humanity? That makes little to no sense. The president's aid and Starbucks husband weren't even around at the initial escape. To have known that their identities needed to be protected at all costs before there was even a modicum of possibility of key positions? Retarded. Not to mention, Colonel Tigh has 40 years history together with Adama, and I can assume earlier life when he met his Ellen. That's about the time frame since the last cylon war. Which means they would have had to have made that skinjob well over 40 years ago, inflitrated him into the colonies with the hopes that he'd grow into an XO among a colonial fleet that happened to survive the cylon annihilation.

Also, what was with the Keyser Soze ending for Baltar's attorney?

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 27 Mar 2007 23:44

smash wrote:I am going to be the only one who says this, aren't I? But I fucking HATED the finale. In fact, chalk up the entire season to 'shit!'

You may be the only saying it here, but certainly not everywhere.

People appear to either love this, or dislike it hard.

This parting of the Fan Sea is probably due to the huge what the fuck factor, especially in light of the fact that we're only going to have speculation until it's time to buy new calendars.

I've no idea what the hell's going on, but I think it's cool.

You've no idea what the hell's going on, and feel like you're being fucked with.

But yeah, there won't be anything in the way of explanations, except what active imaginations make up, for a long while, and that's bound to piss a lot of people off.

But BSG has bad ratings anyways. I'm pretty sure they're gearing up to shut down.

As for useless speculation: I don't think the penultimate four are Cylons per se, just..."Cylons". They're special or different in some way other than having just been previously unknown and when all the cards are on the table we may find out these "Cylons" have never had a strobing light. Even if they do, we've only seen 3 sorts of Cylons, none of whom seem capable of engineering our beloved softtoasts in the first place. The final five must not be the only thing people don't talk about on baseships.

Plus, there's that God character everyone's going on about. It seems to be a fan of visions for all, man and machine alike.

I'm happy because Tigh may have been on the side of the angels the entire time. Also, maybe he gets to see his wife again now.

I'm also happy for Michael Hogan, his character has developed from the drunken salty-dog exposition machine into someone who actually matters over the course of the series.

EDIT: I'm also happy that Cally wasn't the one they picked to be a penultimate fourer.

That means that if she gets killed she goes away forever.

That would be a good way to keep people frosty for 2008, show a preview of Cally dying.

efilflah

Post by efilflah » 28 Mar 2007 01:20

Ye, I dunno about hated, but I definitely feel like this season could be categorised as "The writer's block" season.

On seeing where they were predictably going with the "only four people can hear it" thing, I wasn't too disappointed (or excited) if only for the fact that it should at least give the writers some avenues to explore in the likely final season 4.

The thing I was thinking (though the more I think about it, the less likely it seems), is that they aren't actually Cylons at all and it's a big mindfuck by the Cylons to test the true extent of their loyalties, but in order for that to work you'd have to come up with a solution for how they were the only ones who could hear the tune (Implants whilst they were captured on new caprica?), and ignore the evidence like the big awakening's power surge etc.

Also was I just mis-seeing something, or did Cara arrive with the Cylon fleet? Is she number 5? Or is the president number 5? (she got a massive headache when the surge happened....or was that Hera's blood?) If not, where has she been? With the Cylons? They'd better not use that Lee Obin guy as a cop-out as to why she wasn't killed if she isn't a Cylon, 'cos that's been one of the stupidest Arcs in the whole series.

And I dunno if it was the dodgy rip I got, but I kept seeing some blue light flashes on certain people in certain scenes. I thought it might have been an encode problem, but it almost looked specific to me. :unsure:

Dex
Big Daddy

Post by Dex » 29 Mar 2007 14:44

I didn't hate the finale... but it was a little lame.

No matter what anyone says, it's nowhere near as bad as last season's finale.

Here's hoping season 4 ends with the SERIES finale.

smash

Post by smash » 29 Mar 2007 22:25

I'll give you that, Dex. Last season finale was definitely lame. It felt rushed and very much 'unbelievable'.

This season merely feels like they are trying wrap everything up into a package.

:S

JustSumDude

Post by JustSumDude » 01 Apr 2007 18:22

Cry more, n00b!

gulliver

Post by gulliver » 06 Apr 2007 20:46

I have never watched one episode of battlestar garactacar.

AngelBaby
little. yellow. feisty.

Post by AngelBaby » 07 Apr 2007 01:15

lose.

Seriously

Post by Seriously » 01 Jun 2007 20:54